Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Aquaponics Work Days!

I'm about to take possession of the greenhouse where I will be building my Howling Moose Gardens aquaponics systems. The construction will consist of a LOT of manual labor, so I'm hoping to get some help!

Pizza and drinks will be provided. As there are many people, and we're all so busy these days, I set up one of those "when is good for me?" on-line schedule thingies:

http://www.doodle.com/kpdenuxwzwsix7za

Feel free to mark as many times as you like, and people can come and go as they please, of course!

After some folks reply with times that are good for them, I will select two (or five, or...) times to get a maximum number of people.

In addition, I plan to be out at the greenhouse most days now, and so if you have a completely wacky schedule, but still want to participate in the crazy, I can probably arrange to meet people at any time. There are plenty of jobs for just two people.

To start with there won't be much to see, but I'm sure to be answering lots of questions, and there is a tiny aquaponics setup out there already, complete with tilapia and seedlings. Work will consist of simple painting, simple construction using basic power tools such as power drills and circular saws, basic low-pressure plumbing, again with the power drills and circular saws. Also some digging. Plenty of jobs for any skill set.

Please bring gloves and safety glasses if you have them, and if you have folding chairs or power tools, those would be terribly useful too.

Once everything is up and running, I will be holding "farm tours" as well!

Reminder: The most up-to-date info on the systems is probably located on Backyard Aquaponics: http://tinyurl.com/HMGatBYAP

No comments:

Post a Comment